Better Sleep with Guided Meditations
We all know how important sleep is for our overall health and wellbeing, but sometimes it can be difficult to get the quality sleep we need. Maybe you have trouble falling asleep, or you wake up in the middle of the night and can’t get back to sleep. If this sounds like you, guided meditations may be able to help.
What are guided meditations?
Guided meditations are a type of meditation that involves following a voice or other stimulus that leads you through the meditation process. This can help to focus your mind and make it easier to relax and let go of distracting thoughts.
How does guided meditation help improve sleep?
Research shows that a regular practice of meditation can help us improve calmness, declutter thoughts and free up headspace. Practicing meditation before bed can improve sleep quality and duration by alleviating anxiety, unnecessary worries, and distracting temptations.
There are many ways to practice guided meditation, but here are a few tips:
1) Find a comfortable place to sit or recline. Make sure the room is dark and quiet, and that you won’t be disturbed.
2) Take a few deep breaths and relax your body. Try to let go of any tension or stress you may be feeling. Continue focusing on your breathing until it clears your mind.
3) Listen to your chosen guided meditation audio or recording, and follow along. Allow yourself to be led through the process, and don’t worry about making mistakes.
4) When you’re finished, take a few more deep breaths and relax your body completely. Allow yourself to drift off to sleep.
5) Make it a habit and continue your routine until meditation becomes a part of your life. By getting good quality sleep, you can function better and your body will thank you for it.
If you’re interested in trying out guided meditation for better sleep, check out the Audio Store and sample my Sweet Sleep Bundle. It includes 3 powerful Golden Life Audio Journey titles to help you create peaceful, deep, restorative rest and sleep, along with a special MiniGuide with key practices to help you relax deeply in order to sleep well!